Are you looking for an August 2018 calendar that’s easy to print? Your prayers are answered! We’ve compiled a range of printable calendars to meet your exact needs. These calendars include various holidays and celebrations as listed. You can view your ideal option on this page or print it in JPEG or PDF form.
If you’d like to add this calendar to another page, we recommend the JPEG calendar option, but the PDF is perfect for printing on an 8.5×11 sheet.
Here’s a list of calendars for you to download or print:
Ready for an option that lets you customize every part of your calendar? This blank calendar is exactly what you need! Wide open spaces that allow you to fill your calendar with exactly what matters to you.
Federal Holidays Calendar
The federal holiday calendar is looking a little bare this month. Fortunately, every month in the rest of 2018 has a nationally-recognized holiday.
Unique Holidays Calendar
There’s nothing like a delicious food or beverage to call for a celebration, and August isn’t short of those!
- August 2: Ice Cream Sandwich Day. Unofficially known as National Ice Cream Sandwich Day in the United States. Many other countries have versions of ice cream sandwiches, but in the US the most classic version is two chocolate wafers with vanilla ice cream sandwiched between. The best way, of course, to celebrate is by enjoying an ice cream sandwich…or two!
- August 3: Watermelon Day. A fun holiday that nod’s to American’s obsessions with the red, juicy fruit, Watermelon Day is celebrated with festivals, something called watermelon thumping, and watermelon seed spitting. Of course, people celebrate by eating watermelon, as well!
- August 4: International Beer Day. Created in 2007 in San Francisco by four friends as a way to bring people together over pints of beer. The holiday was originally celebrated on August 5, but due to popular demand, the organizers changed the date to the first Friday of August.
Catholic Holidays Calendar
Catholics have an especially meaningful holiday to celebrate this calendar month. August’s Catholic holiday is listed below:
- August 15: Assumption of Mary. The Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary is celebrated every August and commemorates the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and her bodily assumption into heaven. It is the most important of all Marian feasts and a Holy Day of Obligation.
Jewish Holidays Calendar
There are no Jewish holidays to celebrate in August 2018, but next year will have quite a few. Thanks to the special Jewish calendar, Tu B’Av and Tish’a B’Av will both be celebrated in August 2019.
Mormon Holidays Calendar
There are no holidays or celebrations in August decreed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Muslim Holidays Calendar
- August 19-24: Hajj. Hajj is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca. Mecca is the holiest city for Muslims, and it is a mandatory religious duty that all adults Muslims who are financially and physically able must carry out. The pilgrimage is one of the five pillars of Islam, and the gathering is the largest annual gathering of people in the world.
- August 20: Day of Arafah. The Day of Arafah falls on the second day of the Hajj and the day before Eid al-Adha. At dawn on this day, Muslim pilgrims will move from Mina to a hillside and plane called Mount Arafah, where Muhammad gave one of his last sermons before dying. Muslims believe this was a very important time in history for their religion.
- August 21: Eid al-Adha. Eid al-Adha is called the sacrifice feast and is a very important holy day for Muslims. It honors the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son in obedience to God’s command. It is celebrated by sacrificing an animal and dividing it into three parts, with one-third being given to the poor and needy, another third given to relatives, friends, and neighbors, and the remaining third enjoyed by the family.
Protestant Holidays Calendar
There are no holidays officially celebrated by Protestants during the month of August.