Need an April 2018 calendar that’s easy to print? We’ve compiled a range of printable calendars to meet your exact needs. These calendars include various holidays and celebrations as listed. You can view your ideal option on this page or print it in JPEG or PDF form.
If you’d like to add this calendar to another page, we recommend the JPEG calendar option, but the PDF is perfect for printing on an 8.5×11 sheet.
Here’s a list of calendars for you to download or print:
Want an easily customizable option? The blank calendar is your best option!
Federal Holidays Calendar
April 2018 is free of federal holidays! Unlike January and November, which see two or three federal holidays each, April is relatively quiet. Instead, Americans can look forward to Memorial Day at the end of May.
Unique Holidays Calendar
There are lots of fun and unique holidays to celebrate in April. Here are three of the most fun:
- April 1: April Fool’s Day. Practical jokes and hoaxes are spread in good fun on the first day of every April. The holiday is celebrated by individuals and corporations alike. Even technology behemoth Google celebrates it with a hilarious practical joke every year!
- April 12: Yuri’s Night. An unofficial international celebration, Yuri’s Night is named for the first human to launch into space, Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin. It’s celebrated at over 350 events in more than 50 countries.
- April 27: Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. Created in New York City in the summer of 1992, this holiday revolves around parents taking their children to work for one day. It evolved out of Take Our Daughters to Work Day and now includes sons.
Catholic Holidays Calendar
April is one of the most exciting months for Catholics as it contains some of the most meaningful holidays for the faith. The following holidays are included in April:
- April 1: Easter. Also called Resurrection Sunday, Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. It is the culmination of a forty-day period fasting, praying, and penance.
- April 8: Divine Mercy Sunday. Extended to the entire Catholic Church by Pope John Paul II on April 30, 2000, the feast celebrates Christ’s love for mankind.
Jewish Holidays Calendar
The Jewish calendar finds much to celebrate in April, from major feasts to more modern day holidays. Here is a list of the celebrations included in April:
- March 31-April 7: Passover. One of the most widely observed Jewish holidays, the Passover commemorates the story of Exodus, in which the ancient Israelites were freed from slavery in Egypt. It is a week-long holiday.
- April 12: Yom HaShoah. Jews (and many others) celebrate Holocaust Memorial Day to remember the millions of Jews and others who were murdered as a result of Nazi aggression. It also honors Jewish resistance during this period of history.
- April 18: Yom HaZikaron. Known in the United States as Israeli Memorial Day, this holiday honors fallen soldiers of Israel, as well as victims of terrorism. It has been celebrated since the 60’s.
- April 19: Yom HaAtzma’ut. Israeli Independence Day is celebrated in mid-April and commemorates the declaration of independence of Israel in 1948.
Mormon Holidays Calendar
Two of the most celebrated holidays for the LDS Church occur during April. Here is a list of April holidays:
- April 1: Easter. A sacred holiday for members of the Mormon church, the date of Easter fluctuates, and so it sometimes falls during the annual General Conference of the Church. Jesus is the center of this holiday that some families also celebrate with other Easter traditions such as the Easter bunny and egg hunts.
- April 6: Jesus’ Birth. On April 6, 1830, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was officially organized.Many Mormons also believe April 6th is the actual day of Jesus’ birth.
Muslim Holidays Calendar
There’s only one Muslim holiday celebrated in April 2018. Here’s an explanation:
- April 13: Leilat al-Meiraj. Also known as Isra and Mi’raj, Al Isra’wal Miraj, or Laylat at Miraj) celebrates a sacred journey undertaken by the prophet Muhammad. It has been described as both a physical and spiritual journey and was undertaken around the year 621 CE.
Protestant Holidays Calendar
One of the most joyous months for Protestants thanks to one main holiday, the spring month of April contains the following holidays:
- April 1: Easter. During this holiday, Protestants celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Some celebrate with fasting and prayer prior to the day, and others celebrate only on the day itself. Often, traditions such as the Easter bunny, egg hunts, and candy are included.